Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

Saturday, December 3, 2011

A poem: To no longer be shackled

In an odd twist of things, I wrote a rare poem. A definite departure from my usual short stories, to be sure. It just sort of hit me one day. I wrote it down and here you have it. Being I know very little about poetry, I'd advise you not to expect too much.

To no longer be shackled

Ah but to no longer be shackled to the earth,
Ah but to fly into the sky and soar high above,
Ah, but to leave the world below and only look back to smile,
Smile and to say, “I am free! You cannot hold me!”
Ah, but to glide amongst the clouds, for hours,
for days, for weeks on end until rest is required,
ah, but To float like a feather down, down, down,
Ah, but to land ever so softly on freshly fallen leaves,
Ah, but to sleep an enchanted dream-filled slumber,
Slumber and breathe the lovely scent of violets in bloom,
Ah but to no longer be shackled to the earth.

1 comment:

  1. Cool -- I knew you were a poet! This poem flows so nicely from image to image. Hope you'll write more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?